Game Progression

Carune Online is the unofficial sequel to Blade Mistress.

Moderator: Teamleader | Carune Online

Game Progression

Postby Jonny » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:27 pm

Just out of curiosity. Did you intend on having roughly the same game progression in the new game. There's always been one thing I found kind of odd about Blade Mistress.

Normal Realm --> Spirit Realm ---> ROTD/Dragon Realm (with dragon realm being slightly tougher) ----> Labrynth ---> Deep Labrynth.

I've always felt that Dragons are a quite a bit more scary that spiders... You know what I mean?

As you're putting together the new game maybe take this into consideration... which particular monsters you'll face in which order. If I'd never played Blade Mistress, but let's say read someone storybook about it. I'd be kind of confused as to why the heroine is highly concerned about a giant spider named Reorth shortly after defeating "The Dragon Overlord"!

Just a thought :D
Jonny
Young

Re: Game Progression

Postby Dekker3D » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:42 pm

Well, we'll probably make the spiders quite a bit scarier, and the dragon overlord is likely to end up playing a big-ish role in some story so he might not even be beatable. Also, I haven't really discussed this with the others much, but I'd like to make death in BM a bit less cheap. As in, any named/unique creature can die, but some can be brought back by eeeevil magic like the spiders in the labs, and others can be replaced by similarly-powered creatures, like the dragon archmages. And players just get a simple "item" that can't be unequipped, which takes them to a random town on death. Yay for simple solutions.

Zelena hasn't logged in for a while, though, so I can't really talk with him about anything right now. And in this team, he's the person with the most game mechanics skills.

Aside from all of that, we'll redesign some of the realms a bit too. So, plenty will be familiar and plenty will be slightly changed or completely new/different.
Dekker3D
Elder

Re: Game Progression

Postby Zelena » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:31 pm

I'm still around :P just been busy with exams and all of their glory. I'll be logging in to MSN more here soon :)
Zelena

Return to Discussion