New BM Idea's (for the future)

This is where you dump your brainfarts if you want to flesh them out with the rest of the community

Moderator: Teamleader | Carune Online

Re: New BM Idea's (for the future)

Postby G.M.C. » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:03 am

wildjjbug wrote:i still think pvp would be the best idea.

ability to loot all of the persons gear other than sword and totems would be a good idea or something around that range

Thousands of games out there with PVP, I would not have it in this game, if for no other reason, because it would deviate it from what it was/is. More importantly, as it is and stauing withing this model, it is relaxing and enjoyable; having PVP, will make it stressful and all the bullies will enjoy it, but not anyone that wants to play for fun. This game is not about PVP, never was and never should be; there are many, as many as hundreds of ideas to capture and keep players and PVP is just a stupid one which pleases only a certain type of people; not for this past, present and future community.
G.M.C.
Young

Postby Dekker3D » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:55 pm

You remind me of something, G.M.C., we need to figure out where the lines are. Some people would love to at least have a duelling option, to compare to friends. Others would see the potential for abuse, challenging random newbies to duels and calling them noobs when they refuse. Fun stuff.

So people, it'd be lovely if you could list exactly where you see the line between good and bad.
Dekker3D
Elder

Postby G.M.C. » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:58 am

As far as I understood, a good few of you, fought to have this game up and running; I am refering to the original one. Once up and even after uncertainities for what, 2 or 3 years, a nice chunk of the community came back and seems to persue the game, wherever it goes. Now, why?
I know why and I also know that most of those that play this game, have or may be playing other games out there, even games with PVP and there are thousands of them, for all tastes; yet, they end up coming here even if only 2 hours a week; right?
Right and rightfully too, PVP should be kept out of this new game you guys are working on. If what you are doing, is to be a replica of this game, then keep it out. I wish to be wrong, but it seems that people havefailed to see that this BM game, has personality, its very own personality, which is something that is rare in games today. games out there, are all very similar, graphics change here and there, but it almost seesm that formulas have been passed around from company to company and they all have "potions" or bits that give powers, or similar crap, of which you have to buy more of, if you really want to be amongst the best or first, or stronger, or higher levels. Is that what you people want for the new game? Do you really want to attract the bruts who's only way to prove that they are manly, is by bullying an avatar?! or do you want to have a sense of community and players who have more than just liquid between their ears?

I have posted before asking where you wanted to go with the game but, I am not asking again here, because I will most probably get the same answer; none. I will tell you this much. It is right that you guys working on the new game, make a quid (that is slang for £) or two in the future, I agree with that, I agree that anyone that puts in the effort within this industry worth billions, should get their share but, you don't have to do things like everyone else, you don't have to create a game that will only be a reflection of many others. You guys have something unique here and while all of you come across as very gifted and dedicated people, you are so, in areas that have nothing to do with knowing how to make a quid and perhaps because of that, you all may be tempted in doing (or making a game) like 99.5% of the industry, where the only imagination is in technology and graphics, with poor stories (if any in many cases) and social conditioning that respect and strength come from violence towards another player, through their avatar.

Ok, I may be running away with this, so let me just say that you have a little treasure here, just know how to work it and don't be tempted to do as "they" do.

A few days ago, when I asked that question, I had a reason or two to ask it; got no answer and I guess I don't really want an answer now, since some people seem to first need to put their feet in the puddle, to then know what and how it is to "get wet". Perhaps one day, I will ask the same question; perhaps.
G.M.C.
Young

Postby Kar » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:38 am

Nothing here
Last edited by Kar on Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kar

Postby Dekker3D » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:42 pm

Interesting opinions. You both bring in very strong reasons against PVP, and a good one against guilds as well.

Rest assured, unless the rest of the community suddenly chimes in èn masse to tell us they do want PVP, it's not going to happen. As for the guilds, I've once read about an interesting alternative.. The ability to join as many guilds as you want. That would mean the guilds you are in are no longer anything that special, so a portion of that pressure to keep information to yourself would disappear. Kar, and anyone else who'd like to comment: do you think this would work well?
Dekker3D
Elder

Postby Nephilim » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:28 pm

Kar, I completely agree with you!

Adding PVP will most likely destroy the tight community.
Nephilim
Teamleader | Carune Online

Postby Zelena » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:14 am

I, for one, think dueling (at a minimum) should be added eventually. :p

I am also for adding a pvp exclusive area/zone. I think giving players the option to participate in some limited pvp is only a healthy thing; forcing people into it may be a bad thing however.
Zelena

Postby Blaze » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:29 am

lots of great ideas here :D couple thing i would like to say, PvP yea wouldnt be a bad idea but limited to like an arena or its own zone, where thats the only place u can open pvp or duel, anywhere else its not allowed. maybe a war zone or something. Guild yea they make groups but even without guild alot of players in BM when they get to the point when they r the " I Got " and you are a " I Dont Got " the " I Got " ppl tend to hand off camps, tell secrets etc to their friends or the other " I Got " ppl etc etc... but then again u have the peeps who are willing to help everyone and everyone, so with guilds or wihtout them it will be the same grouping. maybe adding something more than pressing f2 for tips, maybe add a wiki button :P that says THIS IS A GUIDE or something, cause i know i personally hate when i just start a game and ask "Hey Where Should I Go, What Should I Do " and i get answers like " Quit " " Read Forum " or something stupid like that when in the time it took them to say that they could have said " There is a Button " or just say where to go or point me in that direction. maybe have a Mod/Admin in the noob starting spot at all times, yes i said all times... this is one of my peevs i believe all games should have it, dont really want to get into but yea should happen :D. As for weapons i love the idea of killing something and getting a random rare drop of its weapon or the pattern to make that weapon, (rare as meaning rare like or rarer than silvers drop :P ) that way they r worth something and not every smith in the game has all the same weapon patterns etc. A whole new pet overhaul would be nice, like fighters get Ok pets that do ok damage, mages can get but would be rare maybe a huge ogre or golem that has chance to do massive damage etc, this that would make it funnier but make em rare so not everyone in the game can get em ( without putting in the time to gain money to buy or farm themselves that is ). And yes the new map i keep hearing is HUGIMUNGOGIGANTICA lolol if so pls implement wings, speed potions, mounts something, maybe while not in combat u can ride " Your Pet " that would be cool :D , cause in current BM it takes forever to walk. maybe each zone/area have its own random mini boss, that gives braclets, necklaces, belts etc or guild tower stuffs ( another random rare thing ) no set time when it will spawn or where just you know it will be in that certain zone etc. maybe make some World Bosses for guilds to tackle so strong some fighters would need to be shield and 1h sword/axe instead of every fighter being melee dps, cause if mages r gonna get a multi spec with full mage or battle mage (if u do that) i think fighters should have 2 sides anyway 1 tank 1 dps but yea u get the idea :P . cause i personally think current bosses in BM r really easy, anything soloable in my eyes cant be called a Boss but thats my opinion. ok well now im just jibbering hope my input helps push some directions and keep up the good work on game. and ty to all that are working on it. im stoked cant wait for the doors to open.
Blaze
Mature

Postby duffy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:45 am

<Begin Long Ass Rant>
OK, so what was realm of pain supposed to be in the original bm... anyone?

That was going to be our pvp outlet.. a new realm for pvp.. an arena that people could go to and kick another persons butt.. i vote for a realm of pvp, not world pvp... World pvp would ruin the game, but realm pvp would be awesome :)

The realm of pvp could be something along the lines of a tournament or arena where the winner wins some little thing, i dunno maybe a dust or staff or something. I feel it would bring a new challenge to the game and offer something for everyone (or none at all if you chose not to go there). I say bring on the pain.. bring on the pvp realm!

As for no guilds.. I think that is a horrible idea, there needs to be at least some sort of grouping system. What's a noob todo without their guildies? Every mmo game (including space mmos like eve online and vendetta online) have guilds. The problem that bm1 has is not with the guilds, the problem is how the game is designed... When you put mobs, bosses on a timer in a set location that is asking for it to be camped.. if its a random encounter then that eliminates the "camps" that guilds or a person would do... IMHO one of the biggest problems bm1 had was this camping effect of the timed boss spawns in the same exact area and I agree with blaze, its too friggin easy to kill em. Everyone knows where they are, what time they spawn if they kill it and all of that mess. Make it more random and you'll see part of your guild problem go away. I personally like guilds, as a guild you can do great things as a single person... well you can still do great things but not as great as a guild working together could :P

This bring up another point about "cliques and separation" and I think Blaze nailed it... Even if there were no guilds implemented, players would form their own cliques and still keep their infos to themselves. "Trade secrets" still would not be shared between players (um, what trade secrets??? i thought everything was on the wiki anyway??? oh well that's a diff story..)
Other players like myself would become outcasts and would want nothing to do with anyone in the game (I have a social disorder.. unless I'm apart of a guild I don't normally talk to anyone else directly spoken to by someone else). What fun is that?? I'm sure noobs that join the game will be pretty confused on this point too, If I talk to a group of people I don't want to have to use /a so that everyone can hear my convo with them.. what if I want to address more than one person in my little clique? how am I supposed to do that? Only way around that one is to create some sort of channel system like wow so I can then talk to my clique (isn't that what we're trying to avoid here, being like wow?)

</End Long Ass Rant>

Ok, I'm done for now, but please think about this stuff before you put this nonsense in motion, think about how it would effect other players other than yourselves and hopefully you'll get my points.

Just my 2 cents..
duffy
Young Adult

Postby Dekker3D » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:23 am

Here's a silly idea. Ingame wikiesque "Hitchhiker's guide to the world" with maybe some random jokes thrown in by silly people, and useful info shared for everyone. Making it ingame means no screen switching all the time, less waiting, more support for ingame chat stuff (item links, mayhaps?), and it'd be far easier to access. Also, maybe a way to add notes to the side of a "page" which only you can see.

I understand that removing guilds will fix nothing, now. Also, I'll be thinking of some ways to make communication even easier. Perhaps message boards in every town? That could be fun :)
Dekker3D
Elder

PreviousNext

Return to Brainstorms