New update (Carune Online)Sep 2011

Moderator: Teamleader | Carune Online

New update (Carune Online)Sep 2011

Postby MVM » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:20 am

Hi All :)
New update with improved environment, lightsettings,sky, textures, trees and vegetation.

The main purpose with this video is to try to convey the feeling with an animated character running through the landscape for the very first time. Especially for those who has never been able to see or follow the development of the new game from inside and for all old friends of the game Blade Misstress community, old and new players.

Hope you like it :)

(note: the animated 3d model in this video is only a placeholder)

Next planning video: "Upper Lab"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2gGCxRsvXg
MVM
Teamleader | Carune Online

Re: New update (Carune Online)Sep 2011

Postby Doompuppet » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:35 am

The way she's running reminds me of how all my dates end. Somewhere back at the beginning is a depressed 3D dude at a restaurant table. XD

But seriously, folks, I love the way the world looks. I know it's basically a canvas right now - to be populated and filled with life later on - but it still looks awesome.

I can picture sprinting all over the place in search of monsters and artifacts... tumbling down hills, etc.

And as a tip - if there's PvP, make sure the sun is at your back and in their eyes! :D

...If the "Normal Realm" doesn't have a name, might I suggest "Norelm" as a clever in-joke?
Doompuppet
Developer | Carune Online

Postby MVM » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:44 pm

Thanks Doompuppet :) ....and about the 3D dude, hmmm..Yeah, i must admitt i was a bit rude to the poor character. Was not meant to be but she refused to run on the map so i kicked her ass so hard so she got a bad leg. Thats why she cant run properly. But what to do ? I know, that was not nice of me but without her i could not show the video. Well, sorry about that :P
MVM

Postby Justtom » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:27 pm

This... Is... GREAT!!! I love your progress very much! Been following you people from... 2010 ( I think lol ) Il be lurking the forums for a while again :D hope to see more!
Justtom
Adult

Postby MVM » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Thanks Justtom ! Nice to hear :)
MVM

Postby Swift » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:07 pm

Looking great MVM, my only niggle is that there is something seriously off with the scaling of the bushes and trees making the avatar look like a bit of a dwarf.

Keep up the awesome work :)
Swift
Developer | Carune Online

Postby MVM » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Thanks Swift :) ...the scale on the character is not sat here (only here as a placeholder)...so yes..but that is easy to change anyway...but the vegetation is meant to be big comparing to the player...the grass is not that kind of grass you have outside a house..small and tiny ...wild grass hight is at least over 1 - 1.5 meter...this is what kind of grass i am thinking of anyway...but sure...the player scale can be larger or i can take down the scale of the grass and bushes a bit... Thanks for your comments Swift :) I will look into it asap....

btw....A good example of Player scale /vegetation scale. The game Oblivion IV, here is something to compare with:

Darn , now when i see this ...I want the "real" Player character and the "real" player animation for the game to play with, Now :P
MVM

Postby MVM » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:31 pm

Did some scaling adjustments. Here is the result of that:

MVM

Postby Dekker3D » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:08 pm

Looks pretty good, MVM! Go update your svn folder, I fixed the nametags. Oh, and start adding some monsters to the realm ;)
Dekker3D
Elder

Re: New update (Carune Online)Sep 20112011

Postby MVM » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:24 am

ty Dekker :) nametags! you got that back ...great. sure i will go and update then :)
MVM

Next

Return to Mapping