Alaster's Amazing Application

Discuss about things that happen in game.

Alaster's Amazing Application

Postby Alaster » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:23 am

Last edited by Alaster on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:37 am, edited 23 times in total.
Alaster
Mature

Re: Alaster's Amazing Application

Postby XanderCole » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:32 am

Wow, Thanks Alaster... I really like the Geo GPS! I get lost WAY to easy in some of the larger dungeons...
XanderCole
Developer | Carune Online

Postby Alaster » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:38 am

XanderCole wrote:Wow, Thanks Alaster... I really like the Geo GPS! I get lost WAY to easy in some of the larger dungeons...

No problem. Glad someone found a use for it.

Is there anything that you wish were in the calc that isn't in it already? Anything that you would consider superfluous?
Alaster
Mature

Postby Nephilim » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:59 am

I agree with XanderCole, the GeoGPS is freaking useful!
Nephilim
Teamleader | Carune Online

Postby Alaster » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:04 am

New version up. See the first post.

VERSION 1.1

Additions:
Enabled Option Strict. It doesn't affect you at all, but trust me when I say it makes the program a lot better.

Fixes:
Stat Totem application was not calculating correctly.
Alaster
Mature

ERROR Re: Alaster's Amazing Application it not work ie

Postby Real Kar » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:15 pm

opsss my bad... program can not be run from within zip preview, it has to be unzipped ... works fine, nice work.
Last edited by Real Kar on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Real Kar
Young Adult

Postby Alaster » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:54 pm

It probably has to connect to the internet to install .NET. I do not have .NET packaged with it, but it will install automatically if you're connected to the Internet.
Alaster
Mature

Postby Alaster » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:44 am

Even though no one is really using the calculator, I have some free time, and I am making some more additions to the calc.

If anyone would like to test the changes before I release a potentially flawed program, send me a private message with your instant message name (AIM, Yahoo, MSN).

Thanks.
Alaster
Mature

Postby Alaster » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:00 am

Since I received no interest in a beta tester, this release is not fully tested. If you see anything wrong, please report it immediately.

For an easy to read Revision History, click here

UPGRADING TO THE NEWEST VERSION

To upgrade to the newest version of the program, you will need to uninstall the previous version first. To uninstall the previous version follow the steps below:

(1) Go to Add/Remove Programs.
(2) Find Alaster's Amazing Application. Double-click it.
(3) Choose the option to uninstall.

If you get an error when trying to install, ensure that you do not have a process of the program running. Open Task Manager > Processes. If you see an image named Alaster's Amazing Application, end the process and try again.

If you are still getting an error when trying to install, you may need to delete the registry values for the calculator and attempt to install again. Performing the following steps is at your own discretion. I am not responsible for any damages caused to your system or other applications that rely on the registry keys that you're about to delete. I hold no legal or financial obligations for any damages resulting from the misuse of the information I'm about to provide.

(1) Open the Registry Editor by going to Start > Run > regedit.exe.
(2) Delete the following key: HKCU\Software\Classes\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Deployment\SideBySide\2.0

RUNNING THE PROGRAM AFTER THE INSTALL

There is a new Start Menu group created when you install. Go to Start > All Programs > Alaster's Amazing Application > Alaster's Amazing Application. To create a shortcut, right-click on the application and Send To > Desktop (create shortcut).

VERSION 1.2 (04/19/2011)

Additions:
(1) Fighter Tab
(a) Damage - Tells you how much damage you do, or will do, with a weapon.
(i) Requires input from the user:
• Damage Value (This is the second number in parentheses when looking at a weapon. For example, the damage value for Vizorium War Mace (251, 126) is 126. Unarmed is 1.)
• Physical Stat (Default = 10)
• Totem Value (This is the power of your totem. For example, Undead is 18 and Lava is 21.)
• Guild Spec (Max = 10)
• Mastery Level (You only gain bonus damage every even level. This means if your mastery level is odd, you will gain no additional benefit. For example, if your mastery level is 11, it gains the same bonus as if your mastery level were 10.)
(2) Geo GPS
(a) Added the ability to pause the timer. There is no way to reset the timer, but there really isn't a need for one.
(b) Added the data loss warning to the Return to Main button.

(3) Possessed Monster
(a) Possessed Monster - Tells you the approximate level of a possessed monster and how many items it will drop.
(i) Requires input from the user:
• Dodge experience (Note: Experience, not level.)
• Total magic level (Add all 9 magics together. If they're all at 39, this field is 351. If they're all 44, this field is 396.)
• Swordsmith level
• Total expertise level (Add all 5 expertises together.)
• Total dust on BEST weapon on your character. (Note: This does not mean best equipped weapon. This is the best weapon in your bags, wielded, or inventory.)
• Metal type of BEST weapon on your character.
• Physical stat
• Magical stat
• Creative stat
Note: If you're a fighter, you won't get full credit for magical or creative skills. The same goes for mages and smiths.

Minor Changes:

Completely reorganized the code. This has nothing to do with you, but it makes it easier to read for me.
Also changed some of the leftover VB6 code to VB.NET.

(1) Main Menu
(a) Main Menu
(i) Changed the size of the menu buttons to match the rest of the program.
(ii) Centered the menu buttons horizontally.

(2) Fighter Tab
(a) Main
(i) Changed the size of the menu buttons to match the rest of the program.

(b) Dodge
(i) Default dodge level is now 1.
(ii) The input textbox (Dodge Level) now recognizes the length of the field and adds/removes commas automatically.
(iii) The output is now in a label instead of a textbox.
(iv) Changed the width of the input textbox to 50 to match the rest of the program.

(b) Mastery
(i) The input textbox (Mastery Experience) now recognizes the length of the field and adds/removes commas automatically.
(ii) Changed the label to read Mastery Experience. (Old: Current Exp)
(iii) Changed the width of the input textbox to 125 to match the rest of the program.

(3) Mage Tab
(a) Main
(i) Centered the menu buttons horizontally.

(b) Totem Formulas
(i) Centered the input buttons horizontally.

(c) Work Values
(i) Changed the error message when using an invalid skill level value.
(i) The input textboxes (Geomancy and Totem Shatter) now recognizes the length of the field and adds/removes commas automatically.

(d) Staff Formulas
(i) Centered the input buttons horizontally.

(e) Leveling Geomancy
(i) Default geomancy level is now 1.
(ii) The input textboxes (Geomancy) now recognizes the length of the field and adds/removes commas automatically.

(f) Stat Totem
(i) Centered the fighter, mage, and smith buttons.
(ii) Swapped the input and output positions to match the rest of the program.

(4) Smith Tab
(a) Main
(i) Reordered the menu buttons to match the rest of the program.

(b) Work Values
(i) The input textboxes (Swordsmith, Expertise, Dismantle, and Explosives) now recognizes the length of the field and adds/removes commas automatically.

(b) Leveling SS + Exp
(i) Default skill level is now 1.
(i) The input textboxes (Skill Level) now recognizes the length of the field and adds/removes commas automatically.
(ii) Moved the labels and textboxes to match the rest of the program.

(c) Task Difficulty SS & Expertise
(i) The input textboxes (# of Dusts) now recognizes the length of the field and adds/removes commas automatically.

(5) Geo GPS
(a) Changed the width of the input textbox to 50 to match the rest of the program.
(b) Changed the text on the resize button to Resize. (Old: Calculate)

Fixes:
Mage Work Values - Geomancy was being multiplied by .175 instead of .177.
Alaster
Mature

Postby Dekker3D » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:21 pm

Alaster, I've been thinking of writing something that'd actually fit right into this program. What programming language is it in? C#, C++, VB..?
Dekker3D
Elder

Next

Return to Blade Mistress Discussion